- Practice the writing of research-based argument essays.
- Learn how to find and cite academic-level texts and scholarly articles, using the UC Denver library database
- Develop academic vocabulary and reading skills, specifically focusing on academic material.
- Practice pronunciation and listening skills by working with conversation partners, listening to University lectures, and targeting specific accents
- Improve their academic readiness by visiting the UC Denver campus, attending lectures in their future fields of academic study and becoming familiar with academic expectations and standards at American universities
- Get to know the city of Denver through field trips and after-school activities