This service is reserved exclusively for undergraduate students.
Graduate Students: Please see the Graduate Drop Box page.
Faculty: please see the Faculty Drop Box page.
To get started using the Undergraduate Drop Box, login to WCOnline and choose the Undergraduate Drop Box schedule. If you don't yet have an account, you'll first need to register.
This asynchronous service provides:
- focused feedback on a maximum of 10 pages (2500 words) of writing
- commentary on up to 2 concerns across the submission:
- 1 or 2 higher order concerns: thesis, argument, analysis, organization, etc.
- Up to 1 lower order concern: grammar, syntax, citation, word choice, etc.
- feedback within 24 hours of the appointment date/time
- You are limited to one submission/appointment per week.
- You must attach a file to your appointment by the start time of your appointment or your appointment will be canceled. You can attach a file or files to the bottom of your appointment pop-up window.
- When your submission has been reviewed, you will receive 2 auto-notification emails from The Writing Center at CU Denver. The first email will contain the document you uploaded for review with comments from the consultant. The second email will ask you to "Please provide feedback..." about your session. Please note that these emails sometimes hit the Junk/Spam folders.
Other Important Policies:
- The expected wait time to have a paper reviewed is 24 hours from the appointment date/time you select within the WCOnline schedule. If we can respond sooner, we will, though this is never guaranteed.
- For example: If your appointment is at 10am on Monday, you should receive feedback no later than Tuesday at 10am.
- This is not a copyediting service: Consultants will not edit, proofread, or rewrite your paper for you. They will provide general and specific feedback about how your writing (and document) can be improved. For more focused help on the grammatical aspects of your paper, please make an appointment for our in-person or synchronous online services
- Confirmation of Visit forms will not be provided for Drop Box sessions; the letter and comments on your draft can be used as proof of attendance.
- FINALLY: Please do not simultaneously submit a document to the Undergraduate Drop Box AND make in-Center or synchronous online appointments to work on the same composition without first speaking with the Director or Assistant Director.