Saturday, May 4th, 2019
7:30 am to 6:00 pm
University of Colorado Denver, Auraria Campus
For more information on the regional contest nearest you, please visit the Contest Calendar. If you have questions please contact the state office firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 303.315.1789.
- There is a fee of $25 per participant (not per entry). See the pastel pink sheet enclosed in the Regional Winners Packet. The fee may also be paid online HERE. Please note that there are additional service charges for online payments.
- Please mail your registration fee to National History Day in Colorado, University of Colorado Denver, Campus Box 182, P.O. Box 173364, Denver, CO 80217-3364.
- We will never turn down an entry because of an inability to pay the fees. If this is an issue, please email email@example.com.
- We are unable to issue refunds, even in the case of overpayment or cancellation.
- If you choose to pay online, please know that there is a service charge to EventBrite attached to each registrant.
- Note to teachers: If your school district is paying for your students, please include a list of applicable students for payment.
State Contest Special Awards
- Molly Brown Legacy Award – Sponsored by the Molly Brown House
- Best Use of Geography – Sponsored by the Colorado Geographic Alliance
- Best Use of Primary Sources in a Paper – Sponsored by the Department of History, University of Colorado Denver
- Best Group Project on Colorado History – Sponsored by Governor John Hickenlooper's office
- Best Entry on Chicano History – Sponsored by History Colorado
- Best Project on a Telecommunications Topic – Sponsored by Telecommunications History Group
- Best Project on a Topic Related to William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody – Sponsored by the Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave
- Best Project on Transportation History – Sponsored by Forney Museum of Transportation
- Best Project on Western History – Sponsored by Charles Redd Center for Western Studies, Brigham Young University
- Best Senior Paper on Colorado History – Sponsored by the Denver Westerners Posse
- Best Use of Library of Congress Materials – Sponsored by Teaching with Primary Sources Colorado
- Most Creative Exhibit – Sponsored by the Optimist Club of South Monaco
- Best Essay on Western History – Sponsored by the Center of the American West at CU Boulder
- Best Project on – Sponsored by the League of Women Voters
- Best Project on Chief Niwot or the Arapaho – Sponsored by Boulder History Museum
- Best Use of Primary Sources on a Colorado Topic – Sponsored by the Colorado State Archives
- Colorado Experience Best in Show Documentary – Sponsored by Rocky Mountain PBS- Colorado Experience
- Governor’s Residence Award – Sponsored by Governor’s Residence Preservation Fund
- Best Project on Veterans' History – Sponsored by the Honor Bell Foundation
- Performance that exemplifies the American's Creed – Sponsored by Frances Wisebart Jacob DAR