Student Commons Building 4126
Office hours for 2020 spring: Tuesday, Thursday 10:05–10:55 am or by appointment or drop-in
Member of the Center for Computational Mathematics.
Other research Interests and Applications:
general relativity, inverse problems, machine learning, seismo-electromagnetism, uncertainty quantification, wildfire simulation.
- Kochanski AK, A Fournier, Mandel J, 2018: “Experimental design of a prescribed burn instrumentation” Atmosphere 9, 296.
- P Bharadwaj, L Demanet & A Fournier “Focused blind deconvolution”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 67, 2019.
- Fournier, Clerget, Bharadwaj, Merciu, Skår “A seismoelectric inverse problem with well-log data and borehole-confined acquisition”, SEG 89th Annual Meeting, 2019.
- H Wang, M Fehler & A Fournier “Assessing leak paths in the cement sheath of a cased borehole by analysis of monopole wavefield modes”, to appear in Communications in Computational Physics, 2019.
- 2015 Fall: Linear algebra and differential equations (14 students)
- Spring: Linear algebra and differential equations (21 students)
- Summer: Numerical analysis I (17 students)
- Fall: Topics in applied mathematics –Wavelet analysis (7 graduate students)<
- Spring: Calculus II (24 students)
- Fall: Linear algebra and differential equations (14 students); Readings in Mathematics: Riemannian Geometry (5 graduate students)
- Spring: Numerical analysis I (20 students); Readings in Mathematics: Gravitation and Cosmology (4 graduate students)
- Fall: Numerical analysis I (20 students); Readings in Mathematics: Einstein's Field Equations (4 graduate students)
- Spring: Calculus II (online, 22 students); Math Clinic (11 students); Readings in Mathematics: Burgers & Navier-Stokes (5 graduate students)
- Fall: Math Clinic (7 students); Independent Study: Tensor analysis and curvature (1 graduate student)
I am also the PhD Research Advisor for Vince Herr.