APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 1, 2020
February 1st is the priority deadline, but applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through March 1st.
Requirements for Admission
- two semesters general chemistry or biology with lab
- one semester physics (may be algebra-based)
- one semester of upper division statistics
If only two semesters of the prerequisite courses are lacking, students may be admitted, but must take them in the first year in the program. If the prerequisite course is not completed in the first year, the student will be dis-enrolled from the program.
Some of the core or elective courses offered in the program may require additional prerequisite courses. The prerequisites will not count towards the MS degree. Applicants who have fulfilled all of the prerequisites have a better chance of acceptance into the program.
The University of Colorado Denver has a minimum requirement of 3.00 undergraduate grade point average (GPA) for applicants to the graduate school. The program admits new studends for the fall semester only; and the number of students admitted to the program depends, in part, on space availability.
We accept applications once per year, on February 1st, for admission in the following fall.
Click here to apply online
As part of the admission review process, applicants are required to submit:
- a graduate application
- a minimum of three letters of recommendation (letters from both professional and academic sources are accepted, though academic letters are preferred).
- official transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- the GRE is not required. However, applicants will less than a 3.0 GPA are welcome to submit GRE scores as further evidence of their qualifications
Denver, CO 80217-3364