Track 1: Biochemistry
Understanding of biochemical principles governing metabolic diseases, cancer and neurodegenerative diseases.
Take the following required course:
- CHEM 5810 - Graduate Biochemistry I
Take one of the following required courses:
- CHEM 5310 - Advanced Organic Chemistry
- CHEM 5530 - Advanced Physical Chemistry
Take two of the following elective courses:
- CHEM 5815 - Structural Biology of Neurodegenerative Diseases
- CHEM 5825 - Biochemistry of Metabolic Disease
- CHEM 5830 - Graduate Biochemistry II
- CHEM 5835 - Biochemistry of Gene Regulation and Cancer
- CHEM 5600 - Graduate Topics in Chemistry (course topic must match to the topic area of the track and be preapproved by the Graduate Program Director)
- CHEM 5860- Bioinorganic Chemistry: Bioinorganic compounds in medicine
CHEM 5310 or CHEM 5530 may be taken, if not used as a required course above. Additional courses within the department (a minimum of 20 semester hours must be in Chemistry) and in other departments can be used to complete the total of 30 credits required for the degree. Course selections outside of the department must be approved by the Graduate Program Director.