Undergraduate Geography Majors & Minors
The Geography department has a dedicated undergraduate advisor, Fred Chambers. He can assist you with any number of questions concerning the geography major options or minors and act as your guide to your academic progress.
Office Hours: T/TH 11-12; Most Wednesdays 11-12 (Wed. by appointment only)
Assistant Undergraduate Advisor
Advising for the university general education requirement, CLAS core requirements, as well as college and university policies and procedures, should be done with Student Advising Services.
Option and Certificate Advising
- General Geography: Fred Chambers
- Environmental Science: Christy Briles or Rafael Moreno
- Environment, Society, Sustainability: Gregory Simon
- Urban Studies: Brian Page or Amanda Weaver
- Environmental Science Education: Bryan Wee
- GIS Certificate: Matt Cross
- Sustainable Urban Agriculture Certificate: Amanda Weaver
Important note for geo-spatial classes: Because of the time committment required for the technology-based classes, we do not recommend taking more than one geo-spatial technology class in the same semester and that you follow the proper sequence (please note the pre-reqs). It may be possible to take two, but you need to be aware of the additional time this will require.
Curriculum Checklists (12/2015)
- BA Option 1: General Geography
- BA Option 2: Environmental Sciences
- BA Option 3: Environmental Studies
- BA Option 4: Urban Studies & Planning
- BA Option 5: Environmental Science Education
- Minor: Geography
- Minor: Environmental Sciences
- Minor: Urban Studies & Planning