Aquiring Grants and Other Research Funding
It is important for faculty and departments to apply for external research and curriculum grants. The CU Denver Office of Grants and Contracts provides extensive information and services to faculty seeking research dollars.
CLAS grant proposals require the signatures of the Chair and Dean. When a grant proposal requires an institutional match, the Dean’s Office will ask the Chair’s opinion on the importance of that proposal relative to other proposals in the department. CLAS requires 5% of the research salary be paid for by the grant (though this may be waived for small grants). For a faculty member to receive a funded course release, the Dean’s Office requires 10% of salary for the first course release and 15% for each subsequent course release.
- CLAS Research Innovation Seed Programs (CRISP) CRISP funds are awarded by the Dean's Office and are designated specifically to support faculty research activities which will result in applications for external research grant funding for the proposed project.
- CLAS Advancing Curricula and Teaching (ACT) Grants | Word Format - CLAS Advancing Curricula and Teaching ACT Grants CLAS ACT funding is designated to further develop a campus environment which supports and encourages approaches to teaching and learning that advance goals of the college’s strategic plan. We especially invite proposals related to: a) problem-focused learning; and b) infusing diversity into the curriculum.
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives Fund (DIIF) The DIIF is targeted to promote CLAS'ss strategic priority "to enhance diversity across the college and foster a culture of inclusion."
- Dissemination Grant Provides support to faculty for engaging in activities that promote their research and creative work and enhance the profile of the College and University.
- Center for Faculty Development Grants The Center sponsors two faculty grant programs: Faculty Development Grants, YUMPS grants, and co-sponsors with the Office of Research Education the Research & Scholarship Completion Fund.
- Office of Grants and Contracts
- CIBER Faculty Research Grants Awards for faculty research, international curriculum and case study development and business language initiatives as well as travel related to global business.