W: 1:00-2:00PM, R: 9:00-10:00AM, or by appointment
- Ph.D., University of Oregon, 2001
- M.S., University of Oregon, 1996
- B.A., Bard College, NY., 1994
- Desmond Hamilton, Yuheng Cai, Rupinder Kaur, Grant W. Marquart, Rupinder Kaur, Marilyn R. Mackiewicz, Scott M. Reed “Lipid-Coated Gold Nanoparticles as Probes for Membrane Binding.” 2016, Springer Protocols, Under Review.
- Stephen M. Budy, Desmond Hamilton, Yuheng Cai, Michelle K. Knowles, and Scott M. Reed, “Polymer Mediated Layer-by-layer Assembly of Different Shaped Gold Nanoparticles.” 2016, Under Review.
- Bradley Reid, Scott M. Reed “Improved Methods for Evaluating the Environmental Impact of Nanoparticle Synthesis.” 2016, DOI: 10.1039/c6gc00383d. Green Chemistry.
- Christopher M. Yakacki, Mohand Saed, Devatha Nair, Tao Gong, Scott M. Reed, Christopher N Bowman “Tailorable and programmable LCEs using a two-stage thiol-acrylate reaction” RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 18997-19001.
- Benjamin R. Ayres and Scott M. Reed "A minor lipid component of soy lecithin causes growth of triangular prismatic gold nanoparticles." Environmental Science: Nano, 2014, DOI: 10.1039/C3EN00015J
- Reid E. Messersmith, Greg J. Nusz, and Scott M. Reed "Using the Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance of Gold Nanoparticles to Monitor Lipid Membrane Assembly and Protein Binding.” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2013, DOI: 10.1021/jp406013q.
- Min S. Wang , Reid E. Messersmith and Scott M. Reed "Membrane curvature recognition by C-reactive protein using lipoprotein mimics." Soft Matter, 2012, 8, 7909-7918. DOI: 10.1039/C2SM25779C, PMCID: PMC3767169.
- Scott M. Reed “Mixtures of Supported and Hybrid Lipid Bilayers on Heterogeneously Modified Silica Nanoparticles.” Journal of Physical Chemistry B 2013, 117, 2113-2122.
- dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp308305y, PMID: 23387352.