Information for Prospective Students
The Writing Center is pleased to offer two free sessions to students applying to CU Denver or CU Anschutz. Whether you’re a high school student applying to a CU program for the first time, a student hoping to transfer, or a prospective graduate student, we can help with scholarship essays, personal statements, resumes, or any other application materials. Bring any of your materials—work in progress or just the prompts—and we will help with brainstorming, revising, and standing out as a unique applicant.
Information for Alumni
To help transition alumni into their academic or working future, the Writing Center has established a two-session transition policy: Within one year from the time of graduation, alumni can schedule two free sessions with the Writing Center. These sessions must be focused on materials for hiring (such as cover letters or resumes) or continuing education (such as personal statements, teaching philosophies, or application materials). After these two complimentary sessions, alumni may choose to have additional sessions for a fee. Continuing sessions are available in the following packages via donation to the Writing Center.
- Friend of the Center: for a donation of $100, alumni may receive two (2) additional Writing Center sessions
- Sponsor of the Center: for a donation of $250, alumni may receive six (6) additional Writing Center sessions
- Patron of the Center: for a donation of $500, alumni may receive fifteen (15) additional Writing Center sessions
Donations are tax-deductible. Please see our Give to the Writing Center page for instructions.
We'd Love to Hear From You
If you feel that during your time as a student you benefited from your work in the WC, we would greatly appreciate if you would email a letter of support to us at Writing.Center@ucdenver.edu. Please include the following information:
- Your name
- Graduation year
- Past writing-related work/assistance received in the Writing Center
- How you have benefited from the Writing Center
Questions or concerns can be sent to Justin Bain, Writing Center Director, at 303-315-7353