Transportation from the Airport
Denver International Airport (DIA) is located about one hour from downtown Denver. To get to campus from the airport, you have a few options:
- Train line A from airport to downtown
- Contact your student group for pick-up possibilities. UC Denver does not offer pick up services, but some of the student groups may. You can visit the Student Clubs and Organizations Page
- Shuttle services (about $20 per person to downtown; cash or credit)
- ABC shuttle
- Taxi ($70 flat rate to downtown)
- Metro taxi: (303) 333-3333
- Yellow Cab: (303) 777-7777
- Zone Cab: (303) 444-8888
- RTD bus (~$10 one way; exact change – cash only) The bus will drop you off at the new Union Station, just a few blocks from campus. Check out the online schedule.
More information is available on Level 5 (ground transportation and baggage claim). Please see www.flydenver.com for information on DIA and services provided. You can also call (303) 342-4059 or email email@example.com.
As an ESL student, you have the option to live in the Campus Village Apartments (CVA), our student housing. By living on campus, you can participate in special programming, seminars, and activities are all designed to improve your experience at the university. This is an excellent opportunity to connect with both domestic and international students and practice your English! Research has shown that students who live on campus are more connected to other students, faculty, and staff, are more involved in campus life, and are more successful in their academic pursuits than students who do not. Make the most of your time while in the ESL Academy.
If you are interested in living off-campus, you can visit the Commuter Services Web site for assistance. You will find information on rental agreements, how to find off-campus housing in the Denver metropolitan area, and other tips to help you get settled in Denver. If you have additional questions about on-campus or off-campus house, just send us an email.
ESL Academy students must have health insurance. Students can choose to purchase health insurance from the university or from a private company. Students can use the Health Center, located on campus, when they feel sick or for preventative care, such as the flu shot.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many private insurance companies available for you. Although, we encourage all students to use the university's health insurance, you can choose a private company. Here are a few:
- Kaiser Permanente
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- International Student Insurance
Learn More and the US Healthcare System