Department of English
Campus Box 175
P.O. Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217-3364
1059 Ninth Street Park, Office 205
Denver, CO 80204
About Julie Vick:
Julie Vick has been an Instructor with the department since 2007. She frequently teaches business writing and special topics courses and is a faculty advisor for English.
Area of Expertise: Professional writing, rhetoric and composition, freelance writing, and humor writing.
Courses Taught: Business Writing, Special Topics in Writing: Humor, Core Composition I and 2, Argumentation and Logic, and Technical Writing.
- Babies Don't Make Small Talk (So Why Should I?), Countryman Press 2021
Satire and Short Article Publications:
- “The Best Animals to Watch Your Baby, According to Hemingway” New Yorker Digital. July 2022
- “How to Pick Out a Good Melon.” New Yorker Digital. July 2021
- “Caitlin Kunkel Wants to Turn You On—Equitably” The Millions. March 2019
- “Thank You for Calling the Writer Envy Helpline” Electric Literature. July 2019
- “Indigenous Writers Deserve More Credit for Being Hilarious: An Interview with Tiffany Midge.” Electric Literature. December 2019
- “William Carlos Williams Poems for Introverts” McSweeney’s Internet Tendency. September 2018
- “The Life-Changing Magic of Organizing Your Organizational Supplies” Real Simple. July 2018 issue.
- "Before Bingeing Hallmark Holiday Movies, Please Agree to These Terms" McSweeney's Internet Tendency. December 2018
- “Rumpus Funny Women #157: Habits of Less Successful Writers.” The Rumpus. November 2017.
- “Math Word Problems for Today’s Parents” Parents magazine. May 2017.
- “With a flexible work schedule, working out how much child care coverage to get.” The Washington Post “On Parenting” Blog. October 2017
- “How to See Colorado Through an Author’s eyes.” AFAR digital. July 2016
- “The Writer’s Index” Brevity magazine’s blog. June 2016.
- “Postcard from the Suburbs.” 5280: The Denver Magazine. December 2015 issue.
- “This Christmas Letter Gets Rave Reviews.” The Christian Science Monitor. 2005.
- Various articles for the entertainment section. The Boulder Daily Camera. 1998