Students graduating with a master's degree in sociology are prepared to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of how professional sociology is practiced in academia and in the community.
2. Recognize and explain the role of research methods in sociology
3. Describe and apply basic quantitative analysis in sociological research
4. Describe and apply basic qualitative analysis in sociological research
5. Explain and compare core sociological concepts and theories
6. Prepare a comprehensive paper demonstrating critical thinking skills, methodological rigor, and deep theoretical understanding
7. Apply sociological theory and research to describe and interpret social problems in our community and beyond