Student Learning Outcomes
Our student learning outcomes are focused around knowledge areas, skills and attitudes. Each of the objectives for the Applied Mathematics MS program are detailed below.
1. Students should gain operational understanding of Real Analysis at a level commensurate with their progress in the program.
2. Students should gain operational understanding of Linear Algebra at a level commensurate with their progress in the program.
3. Students will be able to orally present their mathematics, or the mathematics of others, with the aid of relevant presentation software (PowerPoint, LaTeX) as appropriate.
4. Students will be able to present mathematics in writing, utilizing the appropriate conventions of the discipline. This may involve summary and analysis of the mathematics of others, development (including proof) of their own mathematics, or both.
5. Students will acquire either (1) a depth of knowledge in one of the following mathematical disciplines
a. Computational Mathematics
b. Discrete Mathematics
c. Operations Research
or (2) a breadth of knowledge across these disciplines at an intermediate or advanced graduate level.