INTS Alumnus, Aiden Campbell, Puts His INTS Degree to Work in Tanzania

Published: Aug. 18, 2021
Aiden

Aiden Campbell (BA, 2016) is currently serving as Marketing Manager for Peoples Portable Power Tanzania and Tourism Specialist at Indigo Arete Adventures. Aiden says he appreciates the opportunity to share his experience and welcomes INTS students to the great country of Tanzania, “When people are able to travel again. I would be happy to welcome them here as tourists, volunteers, and permanent expats.” Aiden’s LinkedIn profile echoes the themes of the INTS program, and we could not be prouder of his accomplishments: “I crave adventure and strive to cultivate an open mind in my pursuit of a career focused on innovation with an international scope. I am filled with passion for unearthing what is unknown to me and for developing an understanding of the complex problems that face our world. With a focused strength in the analysis of sociopolitical issues and an effective background in global connectivity, I am working towards achieving the expertise necessary to more effectively catalyze change in my community and around the world.” Aiden held multiple internship and leadership positions while at CU Denver. Below, he describes his experience: 

Aiden Campbell - Alumni 2016
University of Colorado Denver 
International Studies

Since graduation, the world and my understanding of it has shifted, but I can confidently say that the CU Denver International Studies program gave me a solid foundation on which to build my life and career. For me, being exposed to multicultural perspectives within a wide variety of academic disciplines was an expansive and liberating process of discovery. My study abroad experiences in Beijing and Singapore were an absolutely essential part of this transformative journey. Witnessing the deep cultural beauty and history of living breathing people on the other side of the earth brought about a more full realization of human interconnectivity and how my studies reflected reality. 

Three years ago, I chose to continue seeking a greater understanding of our world in Tanzania, East Africa. My time here started with a mind blowing wildlife safari and eventually led to a stream of life affirming projects. I jumped into this new chapter with no money, plans or expectations and was met with a whirlwind of challenges and opportunities. Building relationships with people in high and low places has involved me with Solar Power, Gemstones, Education, and Cultural Tourism. The country offers breathtaking natural beauty and incredible cultural diversity with low living costs, personal freedom, and peace. 

For a local perspective on Tanzania, reach out to our awesome Anthropology professor Mr. Charles Musiba.

Feel free to also contact me directly about visiting or relocating to this great country. 
Whatsapp - [contact the INTS program]
Email - [contact the INTS program]
https://www.linkedin.com/in/aidencampbell8/