2020 Spring HBS Newsletter
Thank you Shawna Bayerman for authoring the 2020 Spring HBS Newsletter which includes spotlight interviews with current students, alumni, and faculty. You can read the newsletter on our website. Please let us know if you are interested in being featured in future newsletters.
Teaching and Research Fellowships
As a reminder, March 31 is the deadline for both the Teaching Fellowship and Research Fellowship funding opportunities for next academic year for students in their third year and beyond. If you have questions regarding either of these, please contact Anne Marie at email@example.com. More information is available in the attached flyers.
Leah Haverhals Dissertation Defense March 20
You are invited to come support Leah Haverhals in her dissertation defense on March 20 at 9:00am in North Classroom room 4002R. The title of her dissertation is, “You can’t just hope for the best: a case study of Department of Veterans Affairs home-based long-term care programs and non-VA long term care settings in Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria.” Her abstract is attached.
Summer Professional Development and Funding Opportunities
- 2020 CCTSI Immersion Training in Community Engagement: The 2020 Community Immersion Training (CIT) community focus is Urban Latina/o/x, Rural San Luis Valley, Urban Denver/Aurora. The weeklong immersion is from June 1-5. The deadline to apply is March 15. Learn more online and apply on using the online form.
- Aspen Ideas: Health Fellowship Program: Aspen Ideas: Health, is an opportunity for individuals to attend the Festival (a three-day conference June 24-27 in Aspen) and participate in the health program tracks. The deadline to apply online for the fellowship is March 6.
- ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research Diversity Scholarship: The Diversity Scholarship is a waiver of registration fees to attend one or both summer 2020 four-week sessions at the University of Michigan (June 22-July 17 or July 20-August 14) as well as a stipend for travel, lodging, and living expenses. Apply online by March 31.
- Rowland Fellowship for Policy Research on Coverage and Access to Care for Low-Income Families: The Rowland Fellowship will provide up to $15,000 in financial support for up to two full-time master’s or doctoral students to conduct an innovative research project designed to provide new research or analysis to inform a policy debate on coverage and access for low-income populations. The deadline to submit your application online is April 15.
- Digital Pedagogy Lab at CU Denver: This year’s event will include a large selection of courses from an international group of faculty, special guest workshops, and keynote speakers. Register online by April 12. If you are interested in taking the course and teaching online at CU Denver, reach out to Anne Marie and she can connect you with funding opportunities.
- We are seeking an HBS PhD Student for the Public Health Undergraduate Advisor Position
- Please see the attached job description for more information. To apply, email Anne Marie your advisor’s name, current year in the program, expected number of years you would like to serve as a PBHL advisor, and the estimated number of hours you are available to work as an advisor.
- The Social Work Research Center (SWRC) is hiring Research Associates.
- RAs will join a team of researchers and evaluators completing applied research studies and program evaluations with culturally diverse communities in child maltreatment prevention, child well-being, youth development, behavioral health, and related fields for county, state, and federal agencies and community-based organizations. Specifically, they are seeking individuals with advanced statistical and quantitative methodology training and experience. To learn more about CSU SWRC, visit their website.
- Contact Dr. Courtney L. Everson at Courtney.Everson@colostate.edu or 970-491-7519 with questions. Individuals are encouraged to apply online by March 13, 2020.
- The IAPHS job announcements website is a great resource to keep in mind when you are on the job market.
Would you like to share your successes or events of interest with your fellow graduate students? Email us at HBSAdminSupport@ucdenver.edu. Emails will be distributed the first Friday of every month.