When you encourage a student to apply to a CU Denver study abroad program, you’re making a significant impact on expanding their academic and future global career horizons.
Returning students report their study abroad experiences as being “life-changing” in improving their critical thinking and organizational skills, deepening their understanding of subject matter, and expanding awareness of their roles as global citizens. They also report learning about programs such as Semester in Beijing through an academic advisor, faculty, or another valued staff member. The doors are open again for this program in Spring 2024 and your help is vital. Generous scholarships for this program are available.
You Deserve a Thank You
We appreciate your efforts in helping to bring a meaningful study abroad experience within reach for every student.
In thanks, and to add to the fun, the Office of International Affairs is offering:
Gift Certificates and a CU Denver Schwag Bag of goodies FOR:
- For the person who refers the highest number of student applicants to the Spring 2024/Semester in Beijing program during October 1 – October 31, 2023: receives a Gift Certificate of $50 and a CU Denver Schwag Bag.
- For the person who refers the highest number of students who enroll in the Spring 2024/Semester in Beijing program by January 30, 2024: receives a Gift Certificate of $100 and a CU Denver Schwag Bag.
About Semester in Beijing
- Undergraduate for-credit CU Denver courses. Appear on students’ transcripts as CU Denver courses.
- Foci are for Communication and Economics majors. Other course offerings include English, History, International Studies, Geography, Philosophy, Political Science, Accounting, and Sociology.
- Courses are taught in English. All students are integrated into the same classroom, giving them the opportunity to experience different viewpoints, create lasting friendships, and develop global contacts.
- American-style dorms with modern amenities on the China Agricultural University (CAU) International College Beijing campus. Located in the Haidian district, home to Beijing’s best universities.
- Excursion opportunities may include the Great Wall of China, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, and other important historical and cultural sites.
“I really could write a small book on the ways I’ve changed as a student and as a young professional, as well as how I’ve grown as a person.” – Jacob, student, Semester in Beijing study abroad program