Esteban Loetz – Psychology Professional Research Assistant

Published: Nov. 10, 2021

Esteban Loetz has been a Professional Research Assistant (PRA) in the Psychology Department for the past seven years and has contributed to research advances in the three behavioral neuroscience labs.

Loetz says, “An amazing aspect about my current position is that I continually get to learn new laboratory techniques…I’m constantly being challenged.”

One of the accomplishments Esteban is most proud of was collaborating in the development of a chemogenetic experimental design that brought advanced neurobiology techniques to our campus.

Courtney Bouchet, a Graduate Student that worked with Esteban notes he “is the kind of person that everyone wants to work with… I have learned so much from Esteban, like lab and time management skills and various experimental techniques; but I think the most important thing I have learned from [him] is how to make a work environment fun and inviting.”

Benjamin Greenwood, Associate Professor of Psychology and one of Esteban’s supervisors remarked that “Esteban has a passion for science and is an excellent role model. He performs time-consuming, technically difficult experiments with enthusiasm. He never tires of teaching new lab members how to perform difficult techniques. Most impressively, new lab members seem to be imbued with Esteban’s positive attitude in addition to the skills being taught. We are very lucky to have Esteban working with us.”

Esteban’s fun-loving approach to work, dedication for scientific research and his quests for innovative lab techniques set him apart. The department of Psychology, CLAS and the Lynx Community are fortunate to have Esteban Loetz as part of our team.