CLAS is currently soliciting nominations for the Outstanding Master’s and Doctoral Student Awards. Departments may nominate one individual to the Master’s categories (MA/MHUM or MS/MSS/MIS) and one individual to the Doctoral category. Nominees must be eligible to graduate this semester. Nomination packets are due electronically to Kathleen Bollard by 5 p.m. on October 9.
Packets must include the following in electronic form (paper applications will not be reviewed):
1. A nominating letter from the department that clearly spells out why this student stands out above the norm (e.g., publications, grants, service to community or profession)
2. A clear statement by the student detailing accomplishments and plans for the future;
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae
4. A transcript
5. Additional supporting letters from faculty members (optional) and
6. Where applicable, FCQs for teaching
Additional supporting letters and other materials may be included. Please be aware that this award is competitive across the college, so it would be useful to provide information to help the Dean’s Advisory Committee (DAC) compare students across disciplines.