PLEASE NOTE: This page is only for students and faculty at the International College Beijing
The Writing Center at CU Denver is pleased to support the Writing Center at the International College Beijing. This Center provides in-person, on-site assistance for students studying in Beijing in Room 101 of the ICB Building.
On-Site Assistance at the Writing Center at ICB:
- FREE one-on-one and small-group writing help for academic and non-academic projects/compositions
- Workshops on subjects such as language conventions, plagiarism, citation, and more
- Technical literacy support (e.g., in online research, Microsoft Office, etc.)
What to Expect During Sessions
During a typical session, students will talk, write, and learn collaboratively with a consultant on writing concepts such as:
- Generating, organizing and developing ideas
- Establishing effective proof reading skills
- Analysis, synthesis and argument
- Summary, paraphrase and documentation
- Understanding error pattern analysis
- Information literacy and research strategies
How to Prepare for a Session
To ensure a productive session, please bring all relevant materials and documents to your session. This may include assignment descriptions, syllabi, class notes, instructor comments and your piece of writing (if you've started).
- Support for writing assignments and workshops on subjects such as assignment descriptions, rubric creation, and more. Feel free to speak with any of the Writing Center consultants or email Drew Bixby, (distance) Director of the Writing Center at ICB.