Psi Chi: The International Honor Society for Psychology
The Stated Purpose of Psi Chi: "The purpose of this organization shall be primarily to advance the science of psychology; and secondly, to encourage, stimulate and maintain scholarship of the individual members in all academic fields, particularly in psychology."
Dear University of Colorado student,
You are invited to apply for a lifetime membership in Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology. Becoming a member distinguishes you as an outstanding student in the field of psychology.
We offer many opportunities for members to participate in with both faculty and peers who have a true interest in psychology. We hold events that focus on scholarship, volunteerism, and social networking. For example, we typically have monthly opportunities to volunteer at the Tennyson Center for Children, to meet with faculty in an informal setting (i.e., Professors are People Too), and to share a pizza lunch. We will continue to offer our Spring Induction Banquet, where new members and those with outstanding involvement will be recognized in front of their peers and department faculty. Members are also eligible for special scholarship opportunities and receive announcements about local research position opportunities.
We love suggestions from members about new events they would like to see. The elected leadership board changes from year to year, and so does the focus of Psi Chi. Get involved and help shape our local Chapter!
Visit us at our Chapter home page, on Facebook, Instagram, or by logging in through the CU Denver MyLynx platform.
Psi Chi Membership requirements:
- A declared major OR minor in psychology
- At least 3 semesters of college coursework completed (1 semester must be completed at CU Denver)
- At least 9 hours of psychology courses completed (6 credit hours of psychology completed at CU Denver)
- An overall GPA in the top 35% by class level for University of Colorado Denver Campus. For current Sophomores, this means a minimum overall GPA of 3.29. For current Juniors and Seniors, this means a minimum overall GPA of 3.56.
- A minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA in all psychology courses (Note 3.3 is our local chapter requirement, not 3.0 as stated on the Psi Chi website.)
- A one-time fee of $65, payable upon acceptance into Society.
Applying for Psi Chi Membership:
Apply at the Psi Chi website. You will be notified by Dr. Albeck upon acceptance with instructions for paying your membership fee.
Please contact Dr. David Albeck or Dr. Carly Leonard with any questions.