Have you ever wanted to take a political science course with a current, practicing legislator? This fall you can.
Crisanta Duran the current Colorado Speaker of the House will be teaching our undergraduate/graduate cross-listed course, PSCI 4024/5024 State Politics. This 3-credit class will be a 3-week intensive course held over the weekends of: 9/22-9/23; 10/13-10/14; 11/3-11/4.
Registration now open.
Space is limited; make sure you get a spot in the class, register today!
From the CU Denver Course Catalogue: Examination of American state politics, with an emphasis on Colorado. Course examines the special role of state governments in the American federal system. Focus on dominant current issues facing Colorado state government. Max hours: 3 Credits. Semester Hours: 3 to 3
Quick facts about Crisanta Duran
- She is the first Latina speaker of the Colorado House.
- She is a sixth-generation Coloradan, graduating from Arvada West High School.
- She earned her law degree from the University of Colorado.
- Before being elected to the caucus leadership, she was chairwoman of the legislature’s powerful Joint Budget Committee.
- She serves on the board of the National Association of Latino Elected & Appointed Officials and the National Board of Hispanic Caucus Chairs.
For more about Crisanta, visit www.duranforcolorado.com.