Graduate Assistant: Lynx Summer Academy (summer bridge program)
The LSA Graduate Assistant will be housed under the Student Transitions and Family Engagement (STFE) division at CU Denver, which houses the following departments: Center for Undergraduate Exploration and Advising (CUE&A), New Student Orientation (NSO), First-Year Experiences (FYE), Peer Advocate Leaders (PAL), Transfer Initiatives (TI), and Parent and Family Programming. The LSA Graduate Assistant may therefore be asked to complete projects for and/or attend programs related to these areas throughout time of employment
Lynx Summer Academy is a summer bridge program that runs June-July. While the program itself runs in the summer, there is always work to be done in terms of ongoing assessments, preparations, coordination of materials, etc.. throughout the year. At this time, the LSA Graduate Assistant will report up through First-Year Experiences. This is subject to change next year.
To be considered for the LSA Graduate Assistant, you must:
- Be a current full-time Graduate student at the University of Colorado Denver as of Fall 2020
- Currently have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Be able to work 16-20 hours per week between normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm)
- Be available to work weekends and/or evenings as needed (typically in the Summer semester for New Student Orientation and Lynx Summer Academy program support)
Work study aid eligibility required.
This position is for 16-20 hours per week, Monday-Friday (excluding university or government holidays), January-December. The LSA Graduate Assistant will have the option to remain on throughout graduate program completion at CU Denver.
Start date for this position will be February 15th, 2020 to allow for onboarding with current LSA Graduate Assistant.
The Lynx Summer Academy (LSA) Grad Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Attend Lynx Summer Academy meetings throughout the year, as determined by FYE Associate Director
- Assist in the design and implementation of LSA, including but not limited to: creating application for LSA, disbursing application to potential students, presenting about LSA to campus partners, assisting with recruiting events, etc.
- Assist in putting together recruitment materials, such as: program posters for LSA, online materials, virtual sessions for LSA questions from potential students and families, etc.
- Assist in recruiting students into the LSA program
- Assist in LSA orientation in partnership with campus offices and New Student Orientation
- During LSA, meet one on one with each student at least once throughout the summer
- Manage the LSA email account
- Correspond with high school partners as well as campus partners regarding LSA updates
- Design, collaborate, and implement academic success workshops for LSA students throughout the summer and fall semesters.
- Meet one on one with each LSA student twice during the fall semester and twice during the spring semester
- Coordinate LSA meetups throughout the fall and spring semesters
- Communicate regularly with LSA committee members
- Assist with other STFE division-wide programs and events, including but not limited to: new student orientation advising day support, CU Denver early alert support, supplemental session support, FYE faculty and staff training in the spring, summer, and fall semesters, assist with FYE faculty and staff communication during the academic year, etc.
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position and your qualifications and a current resume. All application materials must be received by January 31st, 2021 by 5:00pm MST.
If you have any questions, please email Emilie Waggoner at email@example.com