One Earth Future is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with a vision of developing effective systems of global governance to achieve a world beyond war, leading to our tagline “Peace Through Governance.” Central to OEF’s mission is partnering closely with the business community. As an operating foundation, OEF focuses on both researching and developing ideas, and implementing those ideas in practical projects. On the research side, OEF has a mandate to develop expertise in global governance and its relationship to armed conflict, with the goal of contributing both to academic understanding and practical implementations designed to reduce conflict.
Job Type: Hourly, Full-time, Non-exempt
The Research Assistant provides research support to the OEF Research team, a program of one Earth Future, as well as other OEF programs.
Activities include conducting reviews of previously published research, collecting new data for research projects, entering, compiling and assisting with analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, maintaining records, and contributing to the authorship of OEF reports and external publications. The Research Assistant is responsible for completing assignments in a timely fashion and being a productive member of the Research Team. The Research Assistant reports to the Associate Director of OEF Research and works under the supervision of senior OEF Research staff members.
Associate Director, OEF Research
- Contribute to research papers and other written deliverables, such as blogs, reports, and internal research memos under the direction of senior staff.
- Conduct ‘mappings of the field’ for potential projects as assigned. Develop informational databases recording this research
- Collect data, perform data mining, data consolidation, and manage and maintain project-specific research databases, such as CoupCast and Stable Seas.
- Conduct synthetic reviews of published research literature on topics related to the OEF mission and projects.
- Maintain a list of grant opportunities that fit with OEFR interests and strategic plans, and work with OEFR staff to develop grant applications in line with these opportunities
- Conduct other research assignments as needed.
- Provide administrative and communications support to the research team as necessary.
- Develop own research and writing as it relates to current OEF Research and OEF projects
This position is located at the OEF central office in Broomfield, CO.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
This role requires a highly organized, detail-oriented, and inquisitive individual who can complete each essential duty to a high degree, as assigned, and on time. Specific requirements include:
- An undergraduate degree in a social science with relevance to OEF’s mission of peace through governance.
- Proven data-focused research abilities including data collection, data mining, web-based information gathering, analysis, and writing. Quantitative analysis skills are a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. A secondary language is a strong plus.
- Strong computer skills. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook experience required. Experience with statistical software, particularly STATA and R, is a plus.
- Interest in international relations, peacebuilding, conflict resolution, or related fields. Direct experience in these areas is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment. Superb organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Passion for working in a team environment.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Commitment to OEF’s vision (www.oneearthfuture.org)
Physical Work Demands:
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 lbs regularly.
Please send a cover letter explaining why you are a good candidate for this position and a resume to Jennifer L. Faverty at email@example.com. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. Only complete applications will be considered.
At One Earth Future (OEF), we celebrate difference and welcome its benefits. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.