City & County of Denver - Denver Elections Division - Communications Internship - $15.88/hourly - Applications close 06/05/18
Do you want to make more of an impact on your neighborhood, city, or even state? Then get involved with the Denver Elections Division today. The Election Division is seeking an intern for summer and fall (June-November) to assist the Communications Team in various roles.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to experience:
- Researching and compiling news articles;
- Monitoring e-mails and phone calls to the Communications Team from candidates and the media;
- Assisting in the creation of engaging social media content;
- Leading a file and website archiving project;
- Using Adobe CS to create and modify graphics;
- Conducting research, as needed, on proposed policies; and
- Providing administrative support to the agency Public Information Officer & Communications Specialist.
Our ideal candidate will have or be:
- Is an undergraduate (at least Junior standing) or graduate student working towards a degree in communications, marketing, public relations, political science, public administration, or related field;
- Desire to learn more about elections administration and policy;
- Is a self-starter and innovative thinker;
- Is proficient with social media platforms, Adobe CS, MS Office; and
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Current valid driver's license; and
- The ability to commit to 20-30 hours per week June through November.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Completion of two years of college and current enrollment in a college program leading to a Baccalaureate Degree in a professional field specific to the departmental and/or work assignment.
ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE Classification Title: We call this job a Denver Election Division - Communications Internship Internship. The official job classification title is Professional Occupations Intern II.
Supplemental Application Documents Required: Please upload a resume, cover letter, and complete all supplemental questions, failure to do so can result in your application not being considered.
Application Process: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without advanced notice.
Assessments/Testing: This position does not require testing.
Pre-employment Screening: An offer of employment is contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by law and City and County of Denver policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and other verifications required for the position which may include, but are not limited to, employment and/or education verification, motor vehicle record check, drug test, and/or physical. The existence of a conviction does not automatically disqualify an individual from employment except where federal or state law or regulations prohibit employment of an individual with certain convictions. For more information about the selection and employment screening process, click here.
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.