Research Division Internship Program
About SEIU: SEIU Local 105 is a vibrant and growing union of 7500 members in Colorado, primarily in healthcare and property services. SEIU Local 105 is on the cutting edge of progressive activism, building power by uniting workers to build better communities and strengthen our democracy.
Join us if you want to fight for a just society:
- Where all workers are valued and all peoples are respected.
- Where all families and communities thrive.
- Where we leave a better and more equal world for generations to come.
Overview: SEIU Local 105’s Research Division is looking for a researcher intern to support healthcare and property services growth, and government and corporate accountability. The position will be based in Denver, CO.
We are looking for self-starting, tech-savvy, intellectually curious current students with a strong belief in economic and social justice who are excited about developing expertise in new areas of corporate research.
We may be looking for you if:
- You are willing to learn and explore, with supervision, a wide variety of research methods to analyze the behavior of large and sophisticated organizations.
- You can assist diverse teams in understanding complex relationships and structures in politics and economics, and persist in finding the right answers.
- You are proficient in MS Word and Excel and have basic data management skills.
- You are methodical, a good communicator, and can meet deadlines.
- You are not shy about talking with workers to document the effect of low-wage jobs on
families and communities.
Purpose: This temporary position is responsible for assisting research and strategic analysis efforts in support of local and national campaigns that challenge America's largest corporations to take responsibility for how their business practices affect working families and their communities.
The Research Internship has a duration of six (6) months.