Who can apply for this certificate?
This certificate is available to both undergraduates and graduates.
How many courses are required to complete this certificate?
Students may take any FIVE classes (15 credits total) from the approved coursework list at their respective level (undergrad or grad) to complete the certificate. For advising or questions about specifics on coursework, please email the New Directions Director, Dr. Minsun Ji: Minsun.Ji@ucdenver.edu.
Can I complete this certificate online?
Yes! As of the Summer 2020 semester, courses necessary to complete this certificate will be available online.
What are the requirements to apply?
- For BA certificate: Anyone with a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- For the MA certificate: Anyone with a BA degree at an accredited college.
What is the cost of tuition?
Tuition: $1,300 per class, for 15 weeks.
What will students learn?
- How the labor movement in the U.S. has evolved and progressed over time
- How to build a broader labor movement in the U.S. in connection with other social movements.
- Practical and case-study knowledge about labor organizing and grassroots campaigns
- How to become a more effective worker leader or a labor organizer.
- How to adopt theories to specific situations to build a practical labor campaign.
For more information or questions, please email New Directions Director, Dr. Minsun Ji: Minsun.Ji@ucdenver.edu.