A certficate serves as a credible interim credential while the student continues his/her educational program toward the completion of a graduate or undergraduate degree.
Why a Certificate?
Pursuing a graduate certificate can help you “test the waters” to see if you want to continue on to receive a Master’s degree. A certificate can further your understanding and knowledge while helping you to become more effective in your current and future jobs to become a change agent or to fill a job requirement for continuing education. Some of the benefits of certificates are following.
- Our certificate can be completed in a shorter period of time than a normal degree program
- The certificate serves as an outreach tool and re-entry point to bring people back to the university who have been away from higher education for some period of time
- The certificate is valuable to informal community leaders who want to enhance their leadership skills
- All non-degree seeking certificate credits can be transferred to degree-seeking credits later on when a student is interested in furthering his/her education
Currently, we offer 3 certificates:
- The Undergraduate Certificate in Community Leadership
- The Graduate Certificate in Public, Nonprofit & Community Leadership
- Labor Leadership Certificate at both the undergraduate or graduate level - Now available all online!