Requirements for Economics Minor
Students wishing a minor in economics must take at least five courses (15 hours) as follows:
- ECON 2012, Principles of Macroeconomics (three credit hours)
- ECON 2022, Principles of Microeconomics (three credit hours)
- Three upper division courses in economics (nine credit hours)
- (ECON 3100, Economics of Race and Gender, is acceptable)
Total 15 credits
- At least 3 upper division courses must be taken from CU Denver Economics faculty.
- Only the equivalent of ECON 2012 and ECON 2022 can be transferred in from other institutions and be counted toward an Economics minor.
- At least two of the upper division courses must not overlap with courses for the student's major program.
- No grade below C- will be counted toward the minor requirements.