MA Certificate holders will achieve competency in the undergraduate certificate areas and additionally will be able to:
- Apply Research Concepts: Understands and can apply primary and secondary, formal and informal, quantitative and qualitative methods. Understands a premise and research plan. Decides on the population and sampling techniques. Designs instruments, etc.
- Conduct Research: Uses a variety of research tools to gather information about the employer or client, industry and relevant issues. Seeks to learn about stakeholders' understanding of the product, organization, and issues.
- Analyze Stakeholders: Identifies institutions, groups, or individuals who have an interest in or are affected by some part of the program. Assesses interest of influential institutions, groups, and individuals.
- Address Diversity: Identifies and respects a range of differences among target audiences. Researches and addresses the cultural preferences of target audiences. Understands culturally and linguistically appropriate strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrate Analytical skills: Objectively interprets data. Applies research findings.
- Conduct Audience Identification and communication: Identifies appropriate audiences and the opinions, beliefs, attitudes, cultures, and values of each. Prioritizes and properly sequences communications to the different audiences.
- Evaluate Programs: Determines if goals and objectives of public relations program were met and the extent to which the results or outcomes of public relations programs have been accomplished.
- Plan and Implement: Understands public relations programs based on research methodology or approaches that address the following components: Research, Goals, Planning, Execution, Monitoring, and Evaluation.