Below is a checklist of all the items you need to complete in order to graduate this semester. Remember, the graduation dealine calendar on the left-hand side of the page is your guideline. Not following the deadlines could result in delaying your graduation.
- Meet with your advisor to ensure that all of your coursework is complete and that you are ready to finish your degree.
- Sign up for any remaining thesis or project hours via the special processing form. If you have completed all of your hours prior to the semester you graduate, please let your advisor know so we can assist you with signing up for CAND 5940.
- Apply for graduation online through the UCDAccess Portal. Students must apply for graduation before census date.
- Fill out the Application for Admission to Candidacy form. This form must be turned in to the Graduate School by census date.
- Once you set the date for your defense, be sure to fill out the Request for Exam form. This form must be turned in to the Graduate School at least two weeks prior to your defense date. Also, check the calendar to make sure you defend before the deadline.
- For those of you who are completing a thesis, you must submit a draft of it to the Graduate School for format review.
- Be sure give your committee ample time to review your thesis/project before you defend.
- If you complete a project, be sure to submit a copy of your project to the MHMSS office once all changes have been made.
- If you opted to complete a thesis, you will need to upload your thesis into Proquest before the deadline. Please remember to continue to check your email. If the Graduate School has changes they need you to make, this is their official way of contacting you.