Student Feedback

The History Department recognizes how important student feedback and public raport are when it comes to serving future students. In an attempt to capture a few of the great things about our undergraduate and graduate programs, we asked graduating students to share their experiences. Here are some of the results: 

“Working with Professor Noel and taking classes at CU Denver has really helped me to
appreciate Colorado and our local history. I love being able to walk through the streets of Denver and know more about what took place in different areas.”

- Lindsey Flewelling, MA ’18

“Dr. Rebecca Hunt opened my eyes to the opportunity for personal research and community outreach in museum work.”                                                  

- Stevi Westmoreland, BA ‘16

“This department, fortunately is filled with caring, helpful experts in many different areas of history. I learned not only about things that happened in the past, but how to think like a historian, how to analyze, synthesize information, and do research.” 

- Laura Hogg, MA ‘17

“I've greatly appreciated how the History Department has given me the freedom to explore the topics that I am personally interested in, and to create a curriculum that has been meaningful to me. I'm very thankful for my advisor, Tom Noel, and all that he has done for me.”                                                                                        

- Evan West, MA ’18

“One thing I especially enjoy about my classes at UCD is that my professors tap into experts in the community and bring them into the classroom, or we visit them at their place of work. These experiences offer so much beyond what you read in a textbook.”

- Mary O’Neil, Historic Preservation Student '18