- Boram Jeong (Ph.D. Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, USA/ Ph.D. Université Paris VIII Vincennes-Saint-Denis, Paris, France-Philosophy, under a dual-degree agreement) joined the faculty as Assistant Professor in Fall 2017. Boram works on 19th-20th Century Continental Philosophy, Contemporary French Philosophy, and Social and Political Philosophy. Welcome, Boram!
- Candice Shelby Published a book, Addiction: A Philosophical Perspective(Palgrave Macmillan, 2016). Candice has had two successful events at the Auraria Library (see here!) and Barnes and Noble (check out a video clip, here!), and she will have more lectures regarding her book throughout the year. Congratulations, Candice!
- Brian Lisle Receives promotion to Senior Instructor! Congratulations, Brian!
- "Zamosc-Regueros presents paper in UK" (Dean's Notes, CLAS, October 2014)
- "Philosophy Department Hosts Engaging Series of Events" (Dean's Notes, CLAS, October 2014)
- "Philosophy Event Takes Humans to Court" (CLAS Pinnacle, May 2014).
- David Hildebrand devotes his time this semester to teaching one section each of an eight-part certificate program. The certificate program, run through CU Denver's Graduate School, is being referred to as the "Mini School of the Humanities." The program is free and open to the public, and students who attend at least six lessons will receive an academic Certificate in Humanities. Dr. Hildebrand will teach "Objectivity and Neutrality in Contemporary Media." For more information, download the flyer: Mini-School_for_the_Humanities.pdf
- "University of Colorado Denver hosts a free Mini School for the Humanities, starting tonight" (Westword, Oct. 2, 2013)
- "Hildebrand gives multiple presentations in Scandinavia" (CU Newsroom, Jul. 2013).
- "Metcalf selected for institute and teaching in Italy this summer" (CLAS Pinnacle, May 2013).
- "Don Maloney: Faith, science, and music for a true Renaissance Man" (UCD Advocate, April 2013).
- "Sarah Tyson: No easy choices in a philosopher’s work" (UCD Advocate, Feb. 2013).
- "Passion for knowledge triumphs over career-seeking," By Adam Blair, Philosophy Major and "inFocus" Editor for the UCD Advocate (UCD Advocate, Nov. 2012).
- "Philosophy hosted visiting scholar Frega" (CLAS Pinnacle, Nov. 2012).
- Sarah Tyson (Ph.D. Vanderbilt University) joined the faculty as Assistant Professor in Fall 2012. Sarah works on Feminist Theory, Contemporary Continental Philosophy, and Social and Political Philosophy. Welcome, Sarah!
- "Metcalf named Co-Director of the Ancient Philosophy Society and led seminar in Italy" (CLAS Pinnacle, Sept. 2012).
- "Hildebrand presents paper to annual Advancement of American Philosophy meeting" (CLAS Pinnacle, May 2012).
- "Ethics Bowl team repeats win at Rocky Mountain Regional, moving on to National Championship" (CLAS Pinnacle, Jan. 2012)
- In Fall 2011, Dr. Mark Bauer (Ph.D. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill) joined the department as a Visiting Assistant Professor. His specialties include Philosophy of Mind and Philosophy of Biology.
- "Sam Walker: Deep thoughts and hard rock beats" (UCD Advocate, Nov. 2011).
- "Tennis: Philosophy Grads Find Success in Music" (CLAS Pinnacle, Jul. 2011).
- "Hildebrand Gives Talks on Pragmatism and Democracy in Rome and Paris" (CLAS Pinnacle, Jul. 2011).