Announcing the ESIL Scholarship Program
Funded by the National Science Foundation’s S-STEM program, ESIL scholarships are available for full-time undergraduate students enrolled in the ESIL certificate program and majoring in biology, civil engineering, or environmental sciences. Scholarships cover the student’s documented financial need up to $10,000 per year.
To be eligible for an ESIL scholarship
Eligible students must be U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals (as defined in section 101(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), or aliens admitted as refugees under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
- Student must major in one of the following three programs:
To maintain ESIL scholarship eligibility
- Student must carry a full course load of 12 or more credit hours per semester.
- Student must remain in good academic standing.
- Each year of scholarship receipt, student must provide a one-page personal reflection on their progress toward their academic and career goals. This narrative should address any successes and challenges the student faced that year.
- At a minimum, student must meet with their designated ESIL advisor(s) each semester in the scholarship program.
To learn more about the ESIL scholarship program, contact one of the ESIL advisors.
To apply for an ESIL scholarship, apply here, using the available form.
Current CU Denver students can apply using the form above or though ScholarLynx.