The 58th Annual Denver Metro Regional
Science and Engineering Fair
Virtual event: February 15th - 22nd, 2021
Judging interviews: Saturday February 20th & Sunday February 21st
The virtual showcase will go live on Monday, February 15th, 2021!
What goes on asynchronously during the week of the fair?
- Student projects are open to public viewing, invite your family, friends, and peers to view your project! When you create an account in symposium, you can even leave encouraging comments!
- You can share the virtual showcase with any friends/family/peers who would like to check it out. You can even leave comments.
- During this time Category Judges will be looking through your materials and getting ready for interviews. Special awards judges will be either identifying the winning projects based on online materials or identifying students for Sunday interviews, depending on the award.
- Check out what other students are researching! Vote for Student’s Choice awards!
- Practice, Practice, Practice! (Check out the 'Students' page for helpful resources)
Live Week-of-Fair Events!
- Monday 2.15 - Opening Ceremony featuring Temple Grandin
- Tuesday 2.16 - Speak with a Scientist: CoorsTek Edition
- Wednesday 2.17 - Science Fair Social: Student Trivia Night
- Thursday 2.18 - Virtual STEM Activities Fair
- Monday 2.22 - 2021 CoorsTek DMRSEF Awards Ceremony
Saturday, February 20th- Category Judging (student interviews) 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Individual time slots for Saturday’s Category Award Judging will be sent to you directly by Monday, February 15th. For now, please block off the following:
- High School Students: Saturday, February 20th, 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Middle School Students: Saturday February 20th, 12:40 p.m. - 3:30 p.m
Judges, please see the 'Judges and Volunteers' page and/or guide for more details for timeline of judging
Sunday, February 21st – Special Awards and Best in Fair Judging 9 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Sunday interviews are dependent on feedback from Saturday’s sessions and Special Award judge input, these time slots will be provided by 8pm on Saturday, February 20th. Please be aware not all students will be scheduled for Sunday interviews, this is not indicative of having placed or not in the overall fair.
- All Students: Please block off Sunday, February 21st, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Special awards and Best In Fair judges, please contact the DMRSEF Team if you have questions about Sunday’s judging timeline.