Occasionally you will find an "Alert" in your student portal that indicates you have what is called a hold. Please pay close attention to these alerts, as they may prevent you from registering for courses.
Common Types of Registration Holds:
College Advising Hold
This hold normally means that you need to consult your college's advising office before registration. For CLAS students, that means attending a mandatory Transfer Advising Group Session (TAGS) or a New Student Orientation (NSO) upon admission.
New Student Orientation Hold
This hold normally means that you need to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) through the Orientation office.
Selective Service Hold
- Colorado state law requires that students who were assigned male at birth and are between the ages of 17 years, 9 months and 25 years old must certify that they've registered with the U.S. Selective Service System before they're allowed to enroll in classes at a state-supported institution (Colorado Senate Bill 03-255).
- For more information, see the Selective Service System's Who Must Register page.
- Colorado state law requires any student enrolled for one or more credit hours in higher education to comply with the state’s immunization policy. This policy also applies to active military students, graduate students, students taking online only classes and those studying abroad.
- Please consult the health center to learn about these requirements. Health Center at Auraria
Missing Credentials Hold
- Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 303-315-2601 to determine which transcripts the office needs to update your student records.