Request for Proposals: Diversity and Excellence Grants 2013-2014
Diversity and Excellence Grants fund innovative projects that promote inclusive excellence and diversity throughout the University of Colorado system. Grants of up to $3,000 each will be awarded to proposals that advance the principles of diversity and inclusion in substantive ways.
- Grant proposals may be submitted by CU faculty or staff, as individuals or as teams, but at least one of the participants is required to have faculty or staff status.
- Funding is given on an annual basis and the award should not be construed as an automatic commitment for funding in a subsequent year.
- Multi-campus projects are favored when other factors (such as quality of the proposal) are equal.
- Priority is given to proposals that demonstrate tangible results, sustainability, capacity-building and the potential for replication.
- When projects are seeking other funding in addition to the Diversity and Excellence Grants, the sources of the funds and the status of the requests should be clearly stated.
- The proposal narrative shall not exceed three typed, double-spaced pages. Additional significant information may be included in the appendices.
Submissions must be received by Friday, Nov. 1, 2013.
Examples of recently funded projects and more details for proposals can be found here.
Questions can be directed to: Brenda Allen, associate vice chancellor for diversity and inclusion at 303-860-5623or Brenda.firstname.lastname@example.org.